THE PYTHONIC TAROT BY JESSICA SHAW
PLEASE NOTE – THIS ITEM IS A PRE-ORDER: It will be shipped MARCH 2019.
THE PYTHONIC TAROT DECK is the culmination of 3 years worth of work and collected wisdom by Antipodean artist-witch, Jessica Shaw.
This project was begun in September of 2015 as a grand offering in service to the Divine; the deck being the result of her discipline, devotion and dedication to the Great Work.
More than 100 full-size watercolour paintings (averaging 16inches x 23inches in size) were created to make this deck possible, each one manifesting a tangible lesson in the artists life, sometimes repeatedly – until she fully grasped the meaning and the vision of the card. Like the Fool, to find inspiration and to learn the lessons required of this journey, she ventured far and wide to distant lands and far beyond the boundaries of the earthly, to find her way through to the end of this project.
THE PYTHONIC TAROT was inspired by the chthonic forces of the Great Python, protector and servant of Gaia, the keeper of Oracles and visions, the undying force of Life, Death and Re-Birth at the centre of the Earth.
Every glimmering scale, every jewel of vision granted to Jessica for this project came from the Forces Below – whispered in dreams and meditations by the Great Mother, and communication with the autochthonic entities that dwell within Her realm.
The Chthonic Sun who burns at Midnight lends illumination to the dark jewel tones of the cards. The power behind colour, light and shadow is crucial to the deck. Each card has been illustrated and infused with spiritual intention, designed to act as vistas into the vast rooms of the subconscious.
• A full 79 card deck, including two versions of Trump XIII, DEATH.
• Cards measure 7.5cm x12.5cm (3 inches x 5 inches).
• A guidebook to compliment the deck.
• A black hand-made bag to keep the cards safe.
• A free 6x4inch colour print, chosen by Jessica.
• Cards are printed in New Zealand on luxe, high quality satin card.
• The Pythonic Tarot is currently being prepared for print and is due to be back for dispatch within March 2019. All of Jessica’s cards and books are self-published and printed in small batches to ensure quality control, and to support the local economy. Please do not purchase if you are not prepared to wait. All customers will be notified once the decks have been dispatched.
7 in stock